Thank you so much for volunteering to work at the Lorain County Right to Life educational fair booth. We are delighted to have you partnering with us in the defense of human life!
This is a great opportunity to meet other Pro-Life people, and to spread the Pro-Life message that each person is a precious creation of God that deserves our love and respect.
Helping with the Right to Life booth makes a positive difference and saves lives!
We’ve developed the following information to help you prepare for your time volunteering at our booth. We welcome your feedback on how these materials can be improved.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call one of our booth coordinators:
- Joe Wing: 440-823-3363
- John Ciarrone: 440-935-7258
Thank you again for your help! Thank you for joining with us in defending the precious gift of life!
God bless you!
Lorain County Right to Life Fair Booth Committee
Table of Contents
- Introduction – Some Background on Lorain County Right to Life
- What to expect at the booth
- Training materials
Introduction – Some Background on Lorain County Right to Life
We Hold These Truths: Our nation was founded on the principle that each human life is a gift given by our Creator God. Each one of us is valuable beyond measure, and is endowed with rights, specifically because God has poured His creative genius into making each one of us. We can rejoice that each of us is unique and unrepeatable. We are wonderfully made to know and to love God and each other. Our Nation’s founders recognized that the role of a just government is to recognize and protect this fundamental truth.
Our Mission: Lorain County Right to Life Inc., is a nonprofit, nonsectarian, community based organization that inalterably defends the inalienable right to life for all living humans from the moment of fertilization to the moment of natural death regardless of race, color, creed, sex and physical or mental maturity, perfection and development. We are dedicated to promoting an all encompassing respect for life, educating and encouraging all peoples to seek positive solutions to the human problems of its members. It is furthermore, a purpose of this organization to seek passage of and uphold a Human Life Amendment.
Our Issues: We stand in favor of the sanctity and dignity of all human life. It is necessary, then, that we stand in opposition to abortion, which kills thousands of innocent children every day. We also stand in opposition to euthanasia and assisted suicide because these kill the elderly, the disabled, and others who are deemed unworthy of living. There are other issues that come up in the course of our mission that our Board has policy positions on. You can find a link to our Positions Paper by clicking here. (A copy of the Positions Paper will be posted at the booth).
It’s important to remember: Lorain County Right to Life is a non-sectarian, non-profit organization. As such, we don’t promote a particular religious affiliation. It is our hope that all people, regardless of their faith background, can come to realize the beauty, dignity, and worth of all human life. Further, we don’t advocate for or against any particular political candidates or parties. We do educate and inform the public about where candidates and parties stand on life issues.
What to expect at the booth
Our booth has lots of great Pro-Life information. We have the fetal models on display, along with numerous pieces of educational literature. There are also Precious Feet pins, bumper stickers, and other items for sale. This year, we are excited to have the “Truth Booth”, a video showing the humanity of children before birth via real-time ultrasound! We also have cards for people to sign up for our newsletter or to request information. And we have our business cards with our contact information.
Here are a few things to remember while volunteering at the booth:
- We have good news to share about the Gift of Life! Be friendly, smile, say hello, etc. Many people will stop by the booth if you reach out to them in a friendly way.
- Most people who stop by the booth agree with us. Affirm them. Ask them if they’re on our mailing list. Ask if we can help them spread the good news about life at their church, etc. They can fill out one of the Response Cards to join our mailing list or to ask other questions.
- Our website at loraincountyrighttolife.org has a lot of good information. Please feel free to direct people to our website. The address is on our table and on our business cards. Information on our website includes:
• Help available for those with an unexpected pregnancy
• Help for those hurting after abortion
• Short videos with talking points on how to present the Pro-Life position to others
• And lots more…
- It’s OK to not have all the answers. If you aren’t sure of how to respond to someone, admit you’re not sure and offer to have someone from Right to Life follow up with them. You/they can use one of the Response Cards on the table for this purpose.
- Don’t forget to PRAY before, during, and after your shift. God will use you to accomplish wonderful things if you put the results in His hands!
For a list of general instructions for while you’re volunteering at the booth, click here.
It’s really important to prepare for your time at the booth. Many of the people who stop by agree with us, but some do not. The booth provides an opportunity to lovingly share the truth with people who probably won’t hear it through the news, other major media, social media, or other popular sources of “information.”
Please spend some time getting to know our Lorain County Right to Life website. There’s a lot of good information there. It definitely helps to know what’s there when talking to people at the booth. In particular:
- If a mom is looking for help with an unexpected pregnancy — you can refer them to our website.
- If a woman (or man) is hurting after abortion — you can refer them to our website.
- If someone wants to learn how to better defend their Pro-Life views — you can refer them to our website.
- …(you get the idea!)…
The Supreme Court Dobbs Decision
This year, with the Supreme Court overturning of Roe v Wade and authority to regulate and even prohibit abortion being returned to the people through their elected representatives, this is a great time to know and share the Pro-Life message! Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the basics of the Decision and some talking points on how to respond to questions by visiting our Dobbs Decision Web Page.
Any discussion about abortion must always return to the two basic questions concerning abortion.
- What are the Unborn?
- What does abortion do to the Unborn?
The Unborn are living, innocent human beings. Abortion kills them. While those who favor legalized abortion will bring up lots of other side issues to justify abortion, we need to always get back to the basics by addressing the two basic questions.
Below, we’ve compiled some some excellent educational videos to help when you are volunteering at our booth, and also for whenever you are sharing with others why we are Pro-Life. These include how to address the two basic questions, and also how to direct the conversation back to the two basic questions as side issues come up. These videos are also linked in the Resources area of our website.
What are the Unborn?
Defending your Pro-Life views in 5 minutes or less. This short video is a great reminder to keep the focus on the first central question of the abortion debate: “What are the unborn?”:
What does abortion do the Unborn?
What Is Abortion? This website is especially useful for those who want to talk about the “issue” of abortion, but never about the “act” of abortion. These videos have converted many “pro-choice” people to Pro-Life! The website name is easy to remember and share: abortionprocedures.com
Below we accentuate responses to some of the most frequent arguments being used by those who favor legal abortion, especially since the Dobbs decision. Check out the videos and the resources linked to each video.
“Women must be able to control their own bodies…”
What about abortion in cases of rape?
“Isn’t abortion necessary health care to save women’s lives? Doctors won’t treat an ectopic pregnancy or other life-threatening condition if abortion is outlawed.”
Other videos in the Pro-Life Replies series:
Pro-Life Replies – How you can reply to the most common pro-choice arguments you encounter every day This series of short videos provide straightforward replies to some common pro-abortion arguments. Check out the whole series!
- “Abortion is a Constitutional Right”
- “Women Will Die From Illegal Abortions”
- “Babies With Disabilities Are Better Off Aborted”
- “No One Knows When Life Begins”
- “I’m Personally Pro-Life, But…”
- “A Fetus Is Not A Person”
- “Abortion Will Stop Overpopulation”
- “Abortion for Babies with Fatal Diagnoses”