Our Nation at its Founding
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men…
– The Declaration of Independence
Our nation was founded on the principle that each human life is a gift given by our Creator God. Each one of us is valuable beyond measure, and is endowed with rights, specifically because God has poured His creative genius into making each one of us. We can rejoice that each of us is unique and unrepeatable. We are wonderfully made to know and to love God and each other. Our Nation’s founders recognized that the role of a just government is to recognize and protect this fundamental truth.
January 22, 1973
The Right to Kill
However, forty-five years ago, the US Supreme Court took away the right to life of preborn children. Instead of protecting life, the Court made it the role of government to protect killing.
The consequences have been horrific. Since 1973, over 60 million American children have been ripped from their mother’s womb by various forms of surgical abortion. Thousands of children’s lives have been snuffed out by partial-birth abortion – where a child is partly delivered and then stabbed in the head to have his or her brains sucked out. Abortion-causing chemicals like birth control pills, Norplant, Depo-Provera and RU-486 (marketed as “Mifiprex”) not only cause early abortions, but can also harm the women who use them.
And yet, there are signs that our nation is emerging from this holocaust:
- The number of abortions is decreasing.
- The number of abortion mills has dropped.
- The number of Americans who identify themselves as Pro-Life is increasing
Our Nation Today
You Can Help Restore the Right to Life
- Pray that the right to life will be returned to all preborn children
- Educate others on how each life is a gift that begins at fertilization (conception) and how every abortion kills a baby.
- Only use doctors who respect life. Contact us to request a list of doctors who will not perform or refer for abortions. A list of local doctors is here.
- Care for mother, father, and child by supporting alternatives to abortion for women facing crisis pregnancies. Contact us to request information on these organizations.
- Don’t use chemical birth control. Encourage anyone you know who is using abortion-causing chemicals and devices to stop. Contact us to request information on natural, safe, and non-abortifacient methods of fertility regulation (Natural Family Planning).
- Contact your elected officials to politely but firmly insist that they support the right to life of all human beings, including preborn children.
- You can also send us an email or call us at (440) 322-0076 to ask about other Pro-Life activities. Join us in building a culture of life!
Amendment V of the Constitution of the United States
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
And our Bill of Rights further confirms that no one is to be deprived of Life without “due process of law“