Abortifacients: An OverviewMany so-called “contraceptives” including the birth control pill, the morning after pill, and other birth control patches, implants, and injections can actually cause very early abortions. One of the mechanisms of these hormonal “contraceptives” is to thin the lining of the uterus, making it harder for the tiny human to implant in his/her mother’s womb. This constitutes a very early abortion. Labeling information required by the FDA uses several different terminologies to describe the abortion-causing mechanism.
For example, most use the terminology “changes in the edometrium which reduce the likelihood of implantation” (Ortho Tri-Cyclen®, Ortho Novum®, Brevicon®, Norinyl®, Mircette®, Minastrin® 24FE, Ortho Evra®, and others). Other terminologies used include: “altering the endometrium” (Ortho Micronor®, Mirena®, Skyla™, Nexplanon®, Ella®, Plan B One-Step®), and “results in endometrial thinning” (Depo-Provera®). (See Drugs@FDA and PDR.net for other products.) Some studies suggest that chemical abortions kill at least as many children as surgical abortions.(Alcorn, R.: “Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions”, 10th Edition, 2011.)
This means that in addition to the millions of children being killed by surgical abortions, millions more are being killed by chemical abortions! For more information about the abortion causing mechanism of so-called “contraceptives” see:
- “The Pill — Good or Not Good?, A Conversation with Dr. James K. Matheson OB/GYN”
- “When do human beings begin? ‘Scientific’ myths and scientific facts”, Dianne N. Irving, M.A., Ph.D.
- Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?: A Short Condensation By Randy Alcorn
- The Pill – Contraceptive or Abortifacient – Pharmacists for Life International
- Postfertilization Effect of Oral Contraceptives, The Polycarp Research Institute
- Birth Control Pill:Abortifacient and Contraceptive, William F. Colliton, Jr., M.D., FACOG
- Do birth control pills cause abortions? ChastityProject
- Abortifacients: An Overview
- Abortifacient Brief: The Intrauterine Device
- Understanding Birth Control – The Whole Truth
- Contraception: The Tragic Deception, by Royce Dunn
Continued recourse to surgical and chemical abortions has brought about a “contraceptive mentality” in our society that says children are an undesirable side-effect – a problem to be disposed of. This mentality cheapens human life. It’s time to return to the view that children are gifts from God to be welcomed, respected and protected. Perhaps it’s time to re-think the widespread use of contraception!
Check out the following:
- Contraception linked to massive rise in abortion rate, by Patrick B. Craine
- Contraception and Abortion: The Underlying Link , By Reverend Walter J Schu, L.C.
- Greater Access to Contraception Does Not Reduce Abortions, USCCB Factsheet
- Contraception underlying cause of breakdown of family, sexual morality, says expert: by Rebecca Millette
- Contraception And The Breakdown Of The Family, Dr. Alveda King
- Why Do Christians Use Birth Control? by Randall Terry
- Abortion and Contraception: Fruits of the Same Tree, Fr. Frank Pavone
- The Case Against Birth Control~By Nate Wilson
- Why Pro-Lifers Must Oppose Contraception by Fr. Frank Pavone
- The Bible and Birth Control (Book), Charles D. Provan
- Preaching on Contraception, Priests for Life
- What About Birth Control? by Ann Moell MD
- About Natural Family Planning, The Couple to Couple League