On Friday, April 28 and Saturday, April 29, 2017, the #ProtestPP Coalition will conduct the second annual National Day of Prayer and Protest against Planned Parenthood. A host of different types of events will be held at locations throughout the country.
Through prayer vigils, marches and processions, demonstrations and rallies, citizens throughout the United States will call on our leaders in Washington to defund Planned Parenthood — the nation’s largest abortion provider — and redirect all their federal taxpayer funding to comprehensive health centers that are not involved in abortion.
Bedford Heights, OH
Planned Parenthood – Bedford Heights Health Center
25350 Rockside Rd, Bedford Heights, OH 44146
Prayer/Rally: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Rocky River, OH
Planned Parenthood – Rocky River Health Center
20800 Center Ridge Road, Rocky River, OH 44116
Protest: 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
For a complete list of locations, dates, and times click here.
Why Defund Planned Parenthood?
As the nation’s largest abortion chain with a long record of unethical activity, Planned Parenthood does not deserve our tax dollars. Here are four key reasons why all current federal funding for Planned Parenthood should be redirected to Federally Qualified Health Centers that do not perform abortions:
1. Planned Parenthood is the nation’s largest abortion chain.
- Planned Parenthood performs over 320,000 abortions a year.
- 34% of all U.S. abortions are done by Planned Parenthood.
- 1 out of 8 women visiting Planned Parenthood each year will get an abortion there.
- Planned Parenthood takes in an estimated $191 million on abortion alone every year, accounting for three fifths of their clinic income.
- Planned Parenthood is cornering the market on abortion: even as the national abortion rate declines, Planned Parenthood’s abortion numbers continue to rise.
2. Planned Parenthood is a bad actor and a lightning rod of controversy.
- Planned Parenthood has been caught shielding child predators, lying about what services they provide, deceiving government officials, defying state and federal laws, submitting fraudulent Medicaid claims, and harvesting and selling fetal tissue.
- Because of their huge abortion business, unethical activity and partisan political involvement, Planned Parenthood is one of the most divisive organizations in the country.
3. Planned Parenthood exaggerates their role in providing healthcare to women.
- Planned Parenthood provides less than 2% of manual breast exams, less than 1% of pap tests, and zero mammograms annually.
- Women cannot go to Planned Parenthood for such basic healthcare needs as treatment for back pain, colds and flus, bodily injury, and mental health issues.
- Despite their name, Planned Parenthood offers almost no prenatal care, which amounts to less than 0.2% of total annual services.
- Planned Parenthood offers no pediatric care, a primary concern of millions of women, and even instructs women not to bring children with them to their centers.
- 4 out of 5 women will never visit a Planned Parenthood facility.
4. Defunding Planned Parenthood would not reduce funding for women’s health.
- Every dollar taken from Planned Parenthood would be redirected to Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) that don’t provide abortions.
- Nationwide, there are 13 times more FQHCs than Planned Parenthood centers, serving 8 times more clients.
- FQHCs offer families a far wider range of services and a higher standard of care than Planned Parenthood.